OOASC Full Meeting 8th October 2018 – Minutes
OLD OWEN’S ASSOCIATION AND SPORTS CLUB LIMITED.
MINUTES OF FULL COMMITTEE MEETING – MONDAY 8th October 2018 at 7.30 pm.
PRESENT: SHARON MARTIN (Chair), IAN BREEZE (Minutes), VINCENT TANNER, ALAN DAVISON, ALAN HUNTER, PAUL KENNEDY, RICK MARTIN, (PLUS JLC).
APOLOGIES: ROBERT HATTRELL, DEREK WEBB, TIM LANE, ANDREW WARD, KEN ROWSWELL.
PREVIOUS MINUTES: Minutes from the meeting on 6th August 2018 were accepted.
MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES:
- Lynn asked if anything had been agreed regards to the door and two windows of the bungalow which are in a poor state (Item 5 in the previous minutes. The meeting believed that Tim was going to assess in due course).
JOHN and LYNN:
- Up to date figures were presented. August and September 2018 were slightly better than in 2017.
- Function bookings are down at the moment.
- Lynn intends to advertise the facility in The Potters Bar Eye magazine.
- Under 18 functions at the ground were discussed. It was unanimous that no big youth events should be held. AH to respond to the sixth formers who had made the requests asking them to speak to John & Lynn directly. Only small gatherings to be allowed by JLC.
- Lynn asked that the car park be properly marked. (Rick and Ian to action.)
- IB had managed to collect all outstanding monies from last season but two clubs had now folded with some owed money now written off for accounting purposes.
- IB felt he had squeezed as much as realistically possible from the two clubs that folded i.e. Oakwood Town and Hadley Veterans FC’s.
- IB will be handing Nicki Culhane the advice on invoices to go out for the 18/19 football season.
- AJD to find out from Gill Keating what our bank balance presently shows.
- Alan Hunter presented a spreadsheet and reported that £2355 has been paid in so far for members’ subscriptions from 1st August 2018. A further £859 is due throughout the year if payments do not lapse plus a payment from the football club which usually pays around £1600.
- Alan is chasing up 7 x lapsed memberships at £7.50 each.
- £100 won by Mr B.F. Clifton in the prize draw
- The Z00 Club bank balance will be £289.45 after the prize draw payment is made.
OLD OWENS WEBSITE:
- AH reported that this was up to date. Sharon wanted to know if there was a data protection cookie on the site. AH to investigate.
- New Grounds Contract: After Chris Langley had resigned at the end of the cricket season, Andrew Ward has been appointed to do the grounds. Rick still waiting for agreed specifications.
- Both cricket squares had been top dressed and re-seeded by Bones.
- Andrew is providing the Ground manager (Rick) with a quote to clear the ditch by pitch 2.
- Ground manager reported that the mini pitch 1 may have been used for a football party without his knowledge on Sunday, 30th
- The grounds compound had been left open on Saturday 6th Oct by PBU.
The Mens’ toilets were discussed at depth:
- Thanks to Tim for obtaining a quote from Orchard of £22k. The meeting felt that the Association couldn’t afford this amount, but was aware that something needs doing urgently.
- AJD is to ask Gill Keating how much we can afford and there may be a possibility of matching that amount from the Bond, which has fared quite well this year.
- Sharon is also seeking companies she has utilized at Stormont Prep School, to provide itemized cheaper quotes for the toilet works.
- These had cost ED £9.6k of which he has been recompensed with £7.3k.
- Appeals for the remaining £2.3k going out soon from ED.
- There is balance of £49 remaining for the donations paid into the Z00 Club bank account.
- Sharon has now completed her data protection training.
- She is preparing policies for the club.
- She is contacting football and cricket club representatives in order to dovetail the agreed policies.
- There was no AOB and the meeting ended at 9 pm.
Date of next meeting: Monday 03/12/18 @ 7.30 pm.